Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Clock is Finally Ticking

I received the official call today!

Nope, still not turning to the priesthood, that ship has long since sailed. Instead, as of next week I'll be transitioning from tri-pod back to bi-ped. (I know I've used that joke before but you can't mess with a good recipe)

I'm seeing my tailor on Tuesday to try on the latest in Robocop gear, then I have to spend an agonizing Wednesday daydreaming in 80's movie montage sequences about running through meadows and frolicking on the beach with my new leg.

Thursday will be the big day. I should be receiving Lefty's stunt double in the morning at rehab to take my first steps in five months. Andrea my physio has assured me that she'll let me take it home that day so I can sleep with it under my pillow.

I'm trying to overlook the fact that it's currently 17 weeks overdue, 18 when I finally go in. It's been one hell of a mental hill to climb. The physical challenge has been easy enough to overcome but the mental barriers have been the hardest to push through given the moving target dates.

You can bet the paparazzi will be out in full force to document the affair so keep your eyes out for updates!

1 comment: